Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Moving

So, have you heard the good news yet?  We're moving!  We have found our "forever home" as one person called it, and I loved it, so I'm stealing it now (Thanks, Tina!)  The last two times I moved, I didn't have to be out in one day, so this should be very interesting...

Packing is hard enough, but I am not used to packing up a house while having the day-to-day activities of 2 school-age children and a toddler.  I am a stay-at-home mom, so packing up toys could prove difficult.  Also, the day before our settlements (one settlement for selling, and one settlement for buying), the older kids still have school and homework, plus my daughter has play practice that night.  I am quite interested to see how smooth this whole process goes.  I know many people do it every day, but that is them, and I am me!  :)

I've asked friends and family for packing tips.  I've gotten everything from where to get good boxes, to suggestions of joining the military so someone else takes care of everything!  LOL!!  I am still trying to wrap my head around the fact that we have 7 weeks to pack up a house with a family of 5 in it.  I've packed about 15 boxes so far, and it doesn't look like there is any change.  I am hoping that we can do quite a bit this weekend, at least enough to make me think that this is actually able to be done.

I am trying to focus on the "one day at a time" way of thinking instead of the big picture, and I do pretty well during the day....until nighttime comes.  At night, when I SHOULD be falling asleep, my mind wanders to how much actually has to be done in just 7 weeks!  I know as the time ticks on, my mind will go to these stressful thoughts more and more, but I just need to keep reminding myself that God doesn't ever give us more than we can handle, and that includes this move.

The good part is that at the end of this, my family and I will have a wonderful home where we can relax.  So, while the next 7 weeks may be stressful, and I may wonder at times why we got ourselves into this - the end result is SO worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment