Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Monday, January 30, 2012

Cheesy Volcano Meatball Sandwich

This is a great recipe I am going to try for the Super Bowl this Sunday.  The Super Bowl, to me, is all about great food, great friends, and great food....oh, and I guess great football, too!  This is food and fun all in one!  It's a recipe the kids can help with, too!  (They'll love pushing the cheese cubes into the meatballs!)

Ingredients:
1 lb. lean ground beef
6 Ritz crackers, finely crushed
1/4 C parmesan cheese
3/4 C spaghetti sauce, divided
12 cheddar cheese cubes
hot dog buns, split

Directions:
1.  Preheat oven to 400*F.  Mix meat, cracker crumbs, parmesan cheese, and 1/4 cup of the spaghetti sauce in a bowl.  Shape into 12 meatballs, using about 2 Tbsp. meat mixture for each.
2.  Place 2 inches apart in shallow baking pan sprayed with cooking spray.  Press 1 cheese cube deeply into the center of each meatball.
3.  Bake 14 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.  Meanwhile, microwave remaining 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce in microwaveable bowl on HIGH for 30 seconds.
4.  Spoon sauce evenly onto hotdog buns.  Fill each with 3 meatballs.

Makes 4 servings, 1 sandwich each.

No comments:

Post a Comment