Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Monday, January 9, 2012

Things to Think About

These are all stories I stumbled upon today.  They are all truly inspiring and/or thought-provoking, in my opinion.  Most of them come from www.makesmethink.com.

"Today I asked my 6 year-old son what he wants to be when he grows up.  He said, 'Mommy, all I want to be is happy.'"


"Today while I was driving my grandfather to his doctor's appointment, I complained about hitting 2 red lights in a row.  My grandfather chuckled and said, 'You always complain about the red ones, but you never celebrate the green ones.'"


"Today I returned home from being stationed in Iraq for 9 months.  While I was still in uniform, I went into the local ice cream parlor to get a milkshake.  The girl behind the counter handed me my milkshake and said, 'It's on me.'  'Thanks, you didn't have to do that,' I replied.  'Neither did you,' she said.


"Today I was approached by a homeless man who asked if I had any change.  I only had 2 dimes, but I gave them to him anyway.  As I watched him walk away, he put the dimes in an expired parking meter of a strangers car."


"Today my sister told me of a student who was turning 8 years-old on Thursday.  As I realized he was born on September 11, 2001, I said, "How horrible for his family."  My sister explained that his grandfather works at the Pentagon and skipped work that day after learning his daughter was in labor."

No comments:

Post a Comment