Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Cards for Local Nursing Home

My son, B, who is 2, loves to make crafts that involve gluing.  The funniest part is that he hates to get messy!  I have to keep a wet paper towel next to us every time we make a craft, because if he gets any glue, paint, marker, or whatever on his hands, we have to wipe it off immediately to avoid a meltdown.  Even with the mess, he still loves, loves, loves craft time.

There are only so many places I can hang up this artwork in our house, so I was trying to think of a way that he could make these crafts, but we could give them away.  I thought, why not bring some joy to others!  So, today, we made cards that involved a lot of gluing and stickers, B's 2 favorite things.  Inside the cards, I am going to write nice quotes like, "There are hundreds of languages in the world, but a smile speaks them all," and in the next few days we are going to take them to the local retirement home, in the hopes that they bring a smile to the faces of others.

Have a super day!

"The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up." ~ Mark Twain




No comments:

Post a Comment