Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Homemade Puffy Paint

I found the recipe for this online.  It's cheap, easy to make, and B loved it!!  To make it, you'll need an empty squeeze bottle (I used one from dishwashing liquid).  Mix equal parts of salt and self-rising flour.  Then add enough water to make the consistency of pancake batter.  Try to mix enough to get out most of the lumps so they don't clog the top of the squeeze bottle.  Then, let the creativity flow (no pun intended!).

I cut out hearts and snowflakes from construction paper and let B drip the pain on to the cut-outs.  Older children could make designs with the paint on a card.  My suggestion is to use paper a little thicker, like cardstock.  The construction paper is a little thin to hold the weight of the paint.

The best part of this is that is drys SO quickly!!  After your little artists are finished with their creations, pop the artwork in the microwave for 30 seconds.  It puffs up when it "cooks" and comes out dry.  Be careful though, as it is a little hot taking it out of the microwave, but it cools very quickly.  B loved to feel the puffiness of his creation when it was all done.

No comments:

Post a Comment