Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Headache Relief

Last week I had the worst headache of my life.  I am not exaggerating.  I would have rather been going through childbirth - and I've had 3 kids, so I know what it's like.  The headache finally went away after about a day and a half.  At least with childbirth, all the pain is worth it when you see that precious little baby in your arms.  The headache, nothing, nada, zero.  The happy ending was not having the headache anymore, which was good enough for me.

While I had the headache, some friends offered advice on how to get rid of it, plus I was searching the internet for help.  These are the remedies I was told or found:

1.  Rub your temples gently.
2.  Massage/press the skin between your index finger and thumb.
3.  Place a cool washcloth on your neck.
4.  Place a cool washcloth on your forehead.
5.  Go outside for fresh air.
6.  Drink lots of water, in case you're dehydrated.
7.  Massage your earlobes.
8.  Rest in a dark room with no noise.
9.  Eat almonds.
10.  Cut a lime in half and rub it against your forehead.

I tried all the things on this list except the last two, only because I did not have any almonds or any limes, otherwise I would have tried them also.  Honestly, I think my headache went away because of a combination of a few of these - massaging the area between my thumb and index finger, going outside into the cool air, drinking water, and placing a cool washcloth on my head/neck.

I am thankful my headache went away, thankful for my friends who offered suggestions on ways to clear up my headache, and thankful that my son didn't mind me not playing with him as much that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment