Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Snow, Beautiful Snow

I am not a cold-weather kind of person.  I'd much prefer a warm sunny day to a cold one, yet I loved this weekend's snow...shoveling the driveway, helping my kids in and out of their snow boots, building a snowman, watching my kids go sledding, watching my husband push the kids to get them to go fast while sledding...it all made for a fantastic weekend.

I think we all need a weekend like this once in awhile, where the running around halts, activities are cancelled, and we are all "stuck" hanging out together.  Now, our family spends time together on a fairly regular basis.  We have movie nights and game nights.  We read together and take daytrips.  But there are other times when I feel that even though we all live in the same house, we aren't ever together for more than a few minutes.

So, while I may complain about the cold weather and look forward to the sunshiny days of summer, I'm thankful for the do-nothing weekend we just had, and all the family-time that came with it.

"An aged Christian, with the snow of time upon his head, may remind us that those points of earth are whitest which are nearest to heaven." ~ Edwin Hubbel Chapin

No comments:

Post a Comment