Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you can find recipes, tips, crafts and activities for kids, inspirational thoughts or stories, humor, and whatever else I think would be helpful for myself and others.

If there is something you would like to see on my blog, please send me an e-mail at jenschorr@gmail.com

And please, pass it on to your friends and families!

Have a wonderful day!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

McDonald's Valentine's Coupon Books!

McDonald's Valentine's Coupon Books

These are a great Valentine for your kids to give away in class, especially since many schools have done away with allowing any kind of treats brought in to the class. I know my kids enjoy giving their classmates Valentine's, but they always like to choose the ones that have pixi-stix or starburst with card to give out to all their classmates. Usually I have to end up buying 2-3 boxes per classroom because there are 10-12 in a box, but 22-25 kids in the class. At $3/box with 2 kids, it gets pretty pricey - almost $15-20 for Valentine's!

These McDonald's coupons are cheap ($1/12), so now I'll only end up spending $4-5 total, my kids can still give out their Valentine's to their classmates, and their classmates can still get a treat. It may not be instant gratification, but they can get a treat (apple dippers, hamburger, ice cream cone, or apple juice) just by going to McDonald's. In my book, this is a win-win-win.

Another great way to use these coupons, I would think, would be to use them as rewards - rewards for potty training, payment for doing chores, special treat for doing well on a test,   etc.  Of course, I, personally, see nothing wrong with using an "incentive" method.  If you do not raise your child that way, then feel free to modify this to fit whatever method you choose.



No comments:

Post a Comment